Monday, November 2, 2009

Revenge of the Jack o' Lantern

I'm increasingly lazy in my old age. I like prepackaged foods, precut meat, and precut veggies. So it can be a bit frustrating living here where there is very little in the way of laziness enabling products. If I was living at home in the US, I'd be buying canned pumpkin this year. Alas, even our commissary has no pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling only. So this year I once again chopped up our Halloween pumpkins and am now in the process of boiling them, in preparation for the peeling and pureeing process. Pumpkin bread, here we come!

However, the Jacks apparently aren't too happy with being cut up. Since completing the aforesaid cutting process, I have rinsed, soaped, rubbed, washed, washed, washed, and lotioned my hands. There is STILL a residue on my hand. Picture the driest skin you've ever had, barring cracked skin. That is my left hand right now.

That's ok, Jack. I'll heal, and you're still gonna be bread. Yummy, yummy bread.

3 comments:

  1. LOLOL I can relate on all fronts. Hope you heal quickly and don't forget the chocolate chips in your pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All healed, and 22 cups of pumpkin. That's 22 loaves of bread, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Mom you crack me up. "You're still gonna be bread. Yummy, yummy bread." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete